Joomla TemplatesBest Web HostingBest Joomla Hosting












 What do you do if you think a child is ill treated?

Cape Town Child Welfare believes that we need community members to be vigilant in the protection of children, and to become involved should they feel that a child is ill treated and needs help.

When should you be concerned about a child?

- If the child is never allowed to leave the house.

- When the child has unexplained marks on his/her body.

- When a parent is walking under the influence with a baby on the street.

- When a parent is begging with children.

- When a parent is sitting at a shebeen with a child.

- When a child is in a park or on the street with no supervision.

What should you do?

- Contact your nearest welfare organisation.

- Contact your nearest police station.

- Contact 0800helpkids.

What information should you give?

- Be specific about the information you have and what your concerns are.

- Names, surnames and address of the child/children and parents.

- Your details in case more information is needed (you can indicate that you want to remain anonymous should you wish)